6 Ways to Say "I Love You" to Your Kids

  • Brag a little. - "Let your child overhear you bragging about her-just make sure your other child isn't within earshot!" says Carol Weston, author of Girltalk: All the Stuff Your Sister Never Told You.
  • Be playful. - One fun way to do it is include a riddle in her lunchbox. :) At least she has something to get curious with when she and her friends doesn't know the answer.
  • Go for the unexpected. - "I'll give my 9-year old son a day where no one tells him what to do", says Elizabeth Crane of San Francisco. "It's hard to do, but he loves it!"
  • Send an email. - Write your child loving emails now and then. After a game, you might send one that says, "I didn't want to embarrass you in front of everyone, but I have to gush: You were awesome out there!"
  • Make your child the hero. - "I took 48 giant football-shaped cookies to the locker room after my nephew's game", says W. Thomas Smith Jr. of Columbia, South Carolina. "They were huge hit and my nephew got the credit."
  • Personalize it. - Top off your child's day with a special goodnight kiss created just for him, suggests Susan Newman, PH.D., author of Little Things Long Remembered: Making Your Children Feel Special Every Day.

Comments

Popular Posts