Panic at the Basement

I woke up late today, so when I looked outside, it was raining. I wasn't sure how long has been raining, but it took me so many hours before I discovered that our sun pump was having a BIG leak down our basement...it wasn't actually a leak...it was squirting like a fountain, and I heard it as a sound of a waterfall. I don't exactly get how this functions no matter how hubby explains it, but as far as I know, it controls it from flooding the basement. You can hear it work with a sound when it is raining because it pumps and controls the water that comes from up the house going down. It was around 2:30pm when I found out the big leak when I went downstairs looking for something. The sound of a splashing water was so loud that I got panicky and called my husband that time who was at work. I told him I was scared about it since I don't know anything about it. The carpet was all wet and soaked up with water and so I hurried him to get back home which he did.

Photobucket Photobucket

Notice also our wall which already went out of shape because of the water. My hubby told me this pump has been too old, and it needs to be sealed in some of the spots. It belongs to an old house, so I won't wonder :(, but it still can function well. The cover below was all wet too, because it supported all the water that squirted out while leaking. The water would have been as high as a fountain without the cover support, so thank God for it. It did a good job :)

Photobucket

Finally, hubby was home after 40 minutes, covered the leak, and suddenly the rain stopped as well...hhmmm, seems the weather played games on us today! I still have to be cautious when it rains. Another assignment to do when rain comes, check the sun pump!...that's when I am around. Whew! pretty panicky day!

Comments

J said…
i would have panicked too pag ako. hope all's dried up by now.

have something for you at http://julianaslair.com/2008/02/03/five-star. see you.

Popular Posts