Mike's Place

Guest post of the week by Brittany Booker

Mike and I moved in last year, and it was quite the transformation turning this place from a bachelor pad into a habitable home for me. It was all chrome and black leather and it was just far too modern for my taste, and he barely had a thing in his kitchen! The first order of business was to repaint all the red walls since they didn’t exactly go with my stuff, then find a security site where I could get an alarm system since Mike travels and I’m home alone a lot. Now that I’ve got some new furniture and window treatments in here it looks much better – than goodness for Pottery Barn! Mike says he likes the new look, too, and it’s finally suitable for a family. We’re planning on getting married sometime next year which makes me feel good about putting all this work into a place we can call our own. It feels good finally having the house the way I’ve always envisioned it, even if that’s not the way Mike did!

Comments

Popular Posts