I Still Know What We Did Last Summer :)

Sounds like a movie? Nah...it's not your movie sequel lol! This was suppose to be posted a little while back summer of last year, but with the hectic schedules of our travels, I wasn't able to get the chance to sit and blog about it. Anyway, I am taking this opportunity to share this before we go off again for travel next month.

It took us at least more than a week working on our deck (backporch) last summer. It was tough particularly to my husband, but was fully rewarding at the end. Our deck was so old and haven't been scraped and repainted since hubby moved in the house 3 years ago. At first hubby planned of hiring somebody to do it, but that would cost a lot of money. I suggested why not do it ourselves, work during wekends, since it's not a rush. He agreed, and so the labor started. We went to home depot, got some cleansers, and paint. The assistant at the store was of good help to us, and he gave us 3 types of liquids to be applied one at a time, step by step.

This is our old deck. Hubby and his sprayer are ready for the job! Go, go go hubby!!!!

Photobucket

After doing step #1, the deck went whiter a little bit. We did applied the cleanser to melt down molds and some old paints on it.

Photobucket

Well, actually this is a combination of step #'s 1 & 2. The last and final step was the hardest one to do since we had to manually paint the whole deck. We got a paint sprayer available but it is intended for painting inside the house.

Photobucket
Tadaaaan...that's me. I got sunburns on top of my nose, got my fave blue shirt and shorts stained, and a lot more sunburns...:(

Photobucket
Gosh, hubby got the worst messy shirt and shorts I've ever seen. Until now, I can't really remove the stains even with the help of our toughest stain remover.



And ladies, and gentlemen...here's the rewarding part. To see our deck comes alive. This was through our own efforts. Now, that was really rewarding seeing the outcome of our labor, yehey! :)

Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts